This is a great breakfast for summers because it’s cool and fresh. It also makes you feel very adult-like and responsible, carrying around a PRE-MADE breakfast (whaaaa). More than all that, this is literally the easiest dish to make. If you fail at even this, then I’m sorry, save your money and get a good cook or you’ll end up starving to death. This recipe has NO ADDED SUGAR.
- The oats & chia seeds keep you feeling fuller for a long period of time, so you’re less likely to snack
- -Oats also gives you that much needed energy boost in the morning
- As opposed to sugary breakfast cereals, this gives you a nice dose of natural fruit sugars in the morning
- It literally looks and tastes like pudding, but is healthy, so this is really a no-brainer.
- 5 tbsp oats
- 9 tbsp milk
- 5-6 almonds almonds
- 2 strawberries
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Take a glass jar & add oats, milk, vanilla essence, chia seeds, almonds and mix it well.
- Refrigerate overnight
- Next morning, chop your strawberries and oranges (optional) . I like to cut mine into larger pieces because I like the different textures. If you chop it really tiny, then it will all be porridge in your mouth.
- Top your overnight oats with fruits & enjoyyy
- If you like your almonds to be super crunchy, add them later rather than in step 1
- You can replace the fruits with whatever is seasonal. Apples, papaya, kiwi, banana – whatever you like. I prefer berries and citrusy fruits because it helps cut through the creaminess of the oat mix and is a nice pop of freshness in your mouth.
- You don’t need to add sugar, the fruits will be sweet enough. If you have a MASSIVE sugar tooth, then add it only after you’ve tried it with the fruits otherwise you’ll get a sugar explosion