I found this recipe on Family Food on the Table when I was looking for ‘healthy chicken recipes’ and it is SHOCKING how easy this is. I swapped some ingredients with what was available in India. It’s my favourite go-to recipe when I want to impress someone, when I want something warm and decadent or when I’m not in the mood to spend too much time cooking. It’s extremely quick and it’s turned out absolutely delicious every time I’ve made it. So delicious, that there has not been a time when I have not used a spare piece of roti/bread to scoop up the leftover gravy from the pan before putting it in the sink. So tasty, you just CANNOT let anything go to waste.
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 chicken breast/ 200 grams chicken
- 100 ml cream
- 5-6 mushrooms (optional)
- ½ Bell pepper (optional)
- ½ cup spinach (optional)
- 1 tbsp oil/ garlic butter
- Mozzarella/parmesan Cheese
- Heat 1 tbsp oil/garlic butter in a pan. Regular butter is also fine, but the flavour of that Amul Garlic butter just elevates this dish to the next level. Make sure it gets nice and hot (but don’t burn the butter!)
- Sear chicken pieces and season with salt & pepper. You can also season with other spices that you have, like peri peri mix or italian seasoning.
- Cook until the chicken develops a nice golden brown crust, but don’t cook it all the way through since it has to cook in the sauce as well. So, cook till about 3/4th done and set aside
- In the same pan, heat v little oil. It should already have oil leftover from the chicken + those lovely juices, so don’t add too much
- Add chopped garlic and stir until golden brown.
- Optional: add in chopped bell peppers, mushrooms & spinach and stir until cooked well (about 2-3 minutes)
- Add the cream and stir well for 1 minute. It should by now gain a nice golden brown colour and smell amazing.
- Add your chicken, grate cheese over it and cover with lid
- Let it cook for about 2-3 minutes. In this time the chicken will absorb those great flavours well and the cheese will melt
- Take the lid off, serve the chicken and watch it disappear in no time!
- This recipe can be made with just garlic as your veggie base and nothing else, but if you’re looking for a more nutritious portion feel free to add spinach, bell peppers & mushrooms.
- Make sure the pan is on high heat when you first cook the chicken. This allows the chicken to get a nice outer crunch while remaining juicy inside
- Tastes best with roti/bread. If you are hardcore keto, pair it with chopped iceberg lettuce that’s seasoned with lemon & salt